Senior Technologist – Colloid Chemistry
Vertellus is seeking a Senior Technologist – Colloid Chemistry to join our Application Technology R&D team in Ledgewood, NJ. This team drives changes to our existing product chemistries by improving how these chemistries interact in formulations across wide range of application areas such as sizing emulsions, lubricants, metal working fluids, and personal care products.
The Senior Technologist will:
- Lead development translating unmet customer requirements into future technical work plans and aid in the development of new products. .
- Coordinate internal testing methodologies (applying fundamentals in areas such as rheology, and surface science) to better understand colloid systems and accelerate the development cycle.
- Work with the commercial teams, engage customers in applying and qualifying new additive products/systems in their applications/formulations. Help convert technical information into appropriate language for external and internal technical and commercial audiences.
- Focus on developing intellectual property including assessing technical landscape and commercial viability, maintaining technical records, writing invention disclosures, and coordinating filings with patent counsel.
An Outstanding Candidate will have:
- PhD in chemical engineering, colloid and surface science, polymer science, chemistry, material science or equivalent
- 5 10 years of experience developing colloids for diverse commercial applications
- Experience working in lubricant, glass sizing or personal care industries with a knowledge of rheology, surface chemistry and surface analytical techniques.
- Previous experience translating customer requirements into technology development projects,
- Technical contacts within the industrial and academic colloid and surface science community
Vertellus offers competitive total compensation packages including benefits such as: medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), disability insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and vacation time. To learn more about our benefits please visit www.vertellus.com/careers.
Vertellus offers competitive total compensation packages including benefits such as: medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), disability insurance, flexible spending account, paid holidays and vacation time. To apply to this position and/or learn more about other career opportunities at Vertellus, please visit us at www.vertellus.com/careers
Vertellus is a global specialty chemical company, based in Indianapolis, with more than a century of leadership in the manufacture of health, agriculture and performance chemicals. Our products are in the things you use every day – toothpaste, deodorants, vitamins, pharmaceuticals, detergents, plastics, adhesives, inks, tires and more. Our culture is built on mutual trust and respect for all employees so that we can focus on providing the best products and solutions to our customers.
Vertellus is proud to participate in the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care® initiative. Our industry creates products and services that make life better for people around the world – both today and tomorrow.
Vertellus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
The company participates in E-verify. Vertellus will never charge you an application fee or conduct interview online.
More searches like this
- Agrochemical Research-Applied Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in Ledgewood
- Catalysts Research-Applied Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in Ledgewood
- Cosmetics / Toiletries / Soap Research-Applied Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in Ledgewood
- Health & Safety Research-Applied Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in Ledgewood
- Polymers Research-Applied Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in Ledgewood