SENIOR CHEMIST – APPLIED RESEARCH SUNCARE
Reporting to the Technical Director, and based in Darien, Illinois, the Senior Chemist – Applied Research Suncare proposes, creates, develops, and launches breakthrough product innovations in-line with corporate initiatives and market trends and is responsible for the generation of performance data that contributes to technical sales dossiers.
- Develop new innovations, including adapting innovative technologies from other areas, and formulation chassis for Suncare applications
- Responsible for initiating project concepts, experimental design, lab execution and data analysis/interpretation/communication
- Work closely with suppliers, universities, and research institutes to identify new materials and technologies with potential benefits for Suncare applications
- Manage multiple complex projects under limited supervision with an emphasis on quality, timeliness and professionalism
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during all phases of the development process
- Plan and execute appropriate proof of performance testing
- Identify new opportunities for proof of performance testing along with method development to adopt or develop new methodologies
- Maintains a high level of awareness of Suncare scientific literature, patents, raw material technology and market trends.
- Knowledge of product innovation and development processes
- Formulation, analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Creative and self-motivated
- Able to think out of the box and willing to take an extra step to get job done
- Work independently in a collaborative environment
A Master’s Degree in Physical Science with at least 5 years of experience in consumer product or pharmaceutical industries. Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation will include a competitive base salary reflecting the level of experience plus incentive bonus. Solid employee benefits package includes BCBS PPO Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401(k) Plan with company match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Term Life Insurance, Optional Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability Programs, as well as holiday and paid-time off benefits.