Senior Postdoc Engineering (m/f/d)
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG), in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. For further information please refer to: www.hzg.de
HZG is one of the 19 national institutions of the Hermann von Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres e.V. (HGF). Around 950 employees carry out basic research and development work in close cooperation with national and international research institutions, research-oriented clinics and economic and public institutions.
At the Institute of Biomaterial Science some 100 scientists research multi-functional, polymer-based biomaterials for applications in regernative medicine. Their implants and active agent delivery systems provide customised properties and functions to restore impaired body functions.
Senior Postdoc Engineering (m/f/d)Design and Construction of 3D Polymer-Printers
Reference code: 50003572_2 – 2019/B 24
Commencement date: until November 1st, 2019. This will be initially a temporary assignment for two years.
Fundamental and translational research at the Institute of Biomaterial Science of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht is focused on the development of polymer-based biomaterials and devices for healthcare and robotics.
At current, we are looking to fill the position of a Senior Postdoc Engineering (m/f/d) – Design and Construction of 3D Polymer-Printers.
As a Senior Postdoc Engineering (m/f/d) – Design and Construction of 3D Printers for Polymers you will be responsible for
- design of additive manufacturing set-ups for polymeric biomaterials; construction of printers based on commercial and custom-made instrument parts (FDM, lithography, multijet, powder, etc.)
- operation of custom designed and commercial printers; programming of new instrument software; programming of interfaces for harmonized operation of printers
- set-up of pilot fabrication; subsequent transfer into environment controlled housing
- performing quality control of printer operation; planning and set-up of new methodologies
- demonstration of functionality of printers with polymer-based biomaterials; selection of materials and processing conditions to obtain architectured polymer/multimaterial scaffolds
- successfully completed engineering degree (e.g. mechanical engineering, electric engineering, mechatronic)
- track record of experience in research and development in additive manufacturing in industry (> 3 y.) or PhD and previous postdoctoral research in the field of this call
- hand-on skills in set-up and handling of instruments, design of processing setups (including CAD models) and process control; programming of instrument software
- strong organizational and communication skills
- fluent business language in English or German, with a working knowledge of the other; international applicants are encouraged to continuously work on German language skills
- high level of personal commitment and stress resilience
- experienced handling of MS Office, CAD software and instrument software
- a diversified and responsible job in an international environment
- an attractive working environment where your ideas and your engagement are demanded
- short communication paths: you will directly communicate with the institute director
- appropriate salary related to TV-AVH as well as the usual public sector social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents including your CV, description of your scientific and work expertise, list of publications if existing, and copies of credentials (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.) including grades.
Application deadline: October 10th, 2019
Job location: Teltow