Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry at Villanova University invites applicants for a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor position in Organic Chemistry to teach in a B.S. (ACS certified for chemistry; ASBMB accredited for biochemistry) and M.S. granting department. The successful candidate will receive a start-up package and a pre-tenure sabbatical.
Please visit http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/artsci/chemistry.html for information about the department and Frequently Asked Questions with information for job candidates.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University’s mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.villanova.edu/. Review of applications will begin September 27, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. The starting date is expected to be August 2020.
Applications must be submitted online and include:
• Cover letter
• Complete curriculum vitae
• Teaching statement
• Plan of proposed research
• Statement of contribution to the mission. Comment on how you will contribute to the educational/academic mission of the department and university. Please refer to the departmental website and the Villanova University Mission Statement.
• Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (unofficial acceptable for application). Transcripts can be uploaded as a scan/PDF as an “Other Document” to the HR site.
• Applications must include contact information for 3 references who will be contacted via email to submit confidential letters of recommendation when the application is submitted.