Scientist/Postdoctoral Fellow in Nanomedicine at Stanford University
The Department of Radiology at Stanford University is comprised of world-renowned people and programs that are leading the development of seminal advances across a variety of clinical and basic scientific disciplines. The Airan Laboratory is conveniently located on the Stanford Medical Campus at 1201 Welch Road. As we plan to invent and implement ultrasound-based nanotechnological innovations in personalized medicine, by moving advances from the laboratories to the clinic for improved patient-centric care, the candidate will play a vital role in performing complex functions and activities involved in defined research projects.
We seek a highly qualified and motivated scientist with excellent skills in written and verbal communication, and a history of good interpersonal skills. He/She should be able to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and is expected to be highly organized, productive, and able to meet predefined milestones. The scientific program to be completed by the scientist in the Airan Lab focuses on the implementation and testing of a nanoparticle system for targeted drug delivery, under the gating action of ultrasound, to help move this system through clinical translation. He/She should have excellent skills in chemistry, ideally with prior experience in polymeric nanoparticle methods for drug delivery. He/She would be the central source of knowledge with regard to the production, characterization, and validation of the nanoparticles for use in the Airan Lab and also for collaborating groups at Stanford and other institutions. This work will be central to our efforts in clinical translation of these nanoparticle agents. In addition, he/she will be expected to perform essential administrative tasks related to the scientific work and collaborations within the Lab.
More information about the Airan Lab can be found at https://airan-lab.stanford.edu
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Synthesizing and characterizing drug-loaded polymeric nanoparticles from raw materials
- Characterizing and validating the drug-release efficacy of the nanoparticles in vitro as well as in key experiments in vivo, including assays necessary for their eventual clinical translation
- Working with collaborators both internal and external to the laboratory and the institution to support the dissemination of the knowledge-base for this technology
- Documentation of the varied characterizations to provide as needed to collaborators and regulators
- PhD or equivalent in a chemistry or materials-related scientific field, or Master’s degree in a related field and two years of related experience, or Bachelor's degree in a related field and five years of related experience.
- Able to operate independently in executing protocols for polymer synthesis and nanoparticle production and characterization
- Familiarity with animal models with regard to in vivo analysis of nanoparticle drug carriers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly in English
- Strong interpersonal skills, to work with a team of researchers that span a range of scientific and demographical backgrounds
Interested candidates should send inquiries to Dr. Airan at firstname.lastname@example.org. An application for this position would consist of a CV, a personal statement, and contact information for three (3) references. Interviews with candidates will be conducted until the position is filled. Salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience, and will be in line with other life science research professional positions within the Stanford School of Medicine.
Stanford University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. It welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, veterans, persons with disabilities, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the university's research and teaching mission.
More searches like this
- Analytical Translation Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Palo Alto
- Biological Translation Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Palo Alto
- Materials Translation Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Palo Alto
- Medicinal / Clinical Translation Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Palo Alto
- Nanotechnology Translation Full time $60,000 - $69,999 jobs in Palo Alto