Research Scientist V
Research Scientist V
Employer C2Sense, Inc.
Location Watertown, Massachusetts
Salary Competitive with benefits
Field of specialization Luminescence
Work function Research-Applied
Job type Full time
C2Sense is commercializing gas sensing technologies pioneered in Prof. Timothy M. Swager’s laboratory at MIT.
Education Required: Ph.D. in Organic/Physical Chemistry or closely related field with an emphasis on the design, synthesis and application of luminescent materials.
Job Description: We are seeking a candidate to support commercialization of our AuthenTags™ technology. The successful candidate will work on:
- Sensing platform design and execution, including chemical synthesis, formulations development, laboratory testing and data analysis
- Assay development and generation of standard operating procedures
- Rapid prototyping and systems development in an Agile environment
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders for requirements gathering, results reporting and field testing
- Mentoring and directing the research of BS/MS level chemists and engineers
- Competitive analysis to identify and validate new product opportunities
- Literature reviews to determine the parameter space for sensing formulations and technology expansion
The successful candidate will be required to work both independently and within interdisciplinary teams.
Experience Required: Strong background in the chemistry and application of luminescent materials is a prerequisite. Demonstrated aptitude in small molecule and/or materials synthesis is a plus. The successful candidate must be skilled in both experimental design and results interpretation using analysis tools such as Excel and MATLAB, be able to rapidly prototype materials, formulations and assays within an Agile work environment and demonstrate excellent communication skills with a proven track record mentoring team members.
Preferred Skills: Candidates with cross-disciplinary abilities and prior experience with product development, prototyping and testing. Experience working in a wet chemistry laboratory (3-5 years), preferably including leadership/mentoring roles.
Keywords: Organic chemist, physical chemist, biochemist, research and development (R&D), product development, luminescence, fluorescence, phosphorescence, assay development, molecular assays.