The Ivy Brain Tumor Center Pharmacokinetics Lab is currently in the process of CAP/CLIA certification and will be supporting healthcare professionals and patients in health management through accurate, precise and state of the art testing and research.
We are looking for an individual to join the PK Lab team as a postdoctoral associate (at the level I, II and III depending on the experience). The candidate should have a strong background in pharmaceutical sciences and ideally in PK with a reasonable working knowledge in translational sciences. Candidates who have worked in the regulated environment to develop LC-MS/MS-based methods and can demonstrate competence in pharmacology and toxicology will be preferred. The candidate should be highly motivated, able to work well in teams, and have excellent communication skills. Potential areas of application include: drug PK, instrumental method development and validation, biomarker analysis, drug metabolism, PK analysis and modeling, medicinal or analytical chemistry.
Key responsibilities include
- Development, validation and implementation of analytical methods for various drugs, drug candidates, drug metabolites, and biomarkers employing LC-MS/MS technique.
- Contribution toward the design of preclinical and clinical studies.
- Development of independent research plans.
- Performing data analyses and interpretation.
- Manuscript preparation and publishing.
- Preparation of grant proposals and applications.
- Supervision and training of laboratory supporting research staff.
- Preparation and delivery of research presentations at local meetings, national and international conferences.
- General operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment, including LC-MS/MS instrument.
- Maintenance of required laboratory safety documentation and adherence to the guidelines and regulations in compliance with CAP/CLIA and HIPAA rules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong experience with LC-MS/MS-based assay development and validation, including tissue sample handling, sample preparation (LLE, SPE, PPT), operating LC instruments and Mass Spectrometers.
- Some experience in preclinical translational research (basic knowledge and experience with cellular techniques and laboratory animals handling).
- Working experience in regulated environment, such as CAP/CLIA or GLP certified laboratories.
- Hand-on experience in instrument calibration, software validation, maintenance and troubleshooting of LC and MS systems
- Experience with a PK software and pharmacokinetics data analyses, interpretation and publishing.
- Experience with writing and implementing SOPs.
- Experience with supervising Lab supporting research personnel.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively as part of a team.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree (MD, DVM, PharmD, etc.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry (Medicinal or Analytical preferred), Biochemistry, Medical Sciences or in related disciplines.