Associate or Senior Editor (Energy Materials)
Location: London, Shanghai, New York, or Berlin
Nature Research is the world’s leader in publishing high-quality research from across the natural sciences. Its journals include Nature, the Nature Research journals, the Nature Reviews journals and Nature Communications.
Nature Communications are seeking a chemist or material scientist with experience in energy storage, ideally with Post Doc experience to join the editorial team on a permanent, full time basis. You will be handling submissions in the broad area of energy storage, dealing with some of the most exciting research in this area.
If you get a charge out of science and enjoy reading papers outside your chosen area of research, you could be the person we’re looking for. You’ll also be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
This demanding and intellectually stimulating role can be located in either our London, New York, Berlin or Shanghai office. All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the respective country to be considered for the position.
The responsibilities include:
- Handling original research papers, and working closely with editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review
- Making well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice
- Determining the representation of your subject in the journal
- Liaising extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family and with experts in the international scientific community
- Attending conferences and visiting research institutions
- Commission and edit Reviews, and write Editorials
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in a field related to electrochemistry. This could include, but is not limited to, experience with electrocatalysis, fuel cells, batteries, and supercapacitors
- Significant research experience through publications in this field
- A thorough understanding of recent trends and developments in the field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline
Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will potentially be considered for Senior Editor positions.
The successful candidate will report to a Team Manager in the physical science division.
To Apply: Applicants should include a CV, a covering letter explaining their interest in the post and their preferred office of employment, and a separate concise (300-400 words) discussion of a recent scientific development that they found particularly exciting (stating why).
Candidates will be considered as they apply.