AMPAC Fine Chemicals is a contract manufacturing company focused on the development and manufacture of pharmaceutical compounds. We are looking for Process Scientists to be part of a team that is developing cost effective solutions for our Pharmaceutical partners. We are looking for Scientists to join our R&D teams at our California and Virginia sites.
This position is responsible for production support and process development of pharmaceutical ingredients:
* Develops scalable manufacturing processes in an cGMP environment
* Conducts experiments to optimize processes for commercial manufacture
* Meets with groups internally and externally for project meetings and prepares data for presentations
* Effectively participates in Process R&D team meetings
* Works under supervision of more senior scientists or scientific directors to advance the company pipeline
* Thinks critically and creatively and is able to work independently and in interdisciplinary groups
* Ability to resolve problems and has strong organizational and planning skills
* Demonstrates excellent writing and communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience: Ph.D., MS or BS degree with industry experience.
Special Work Conditions: Work place may include areas where a wide variety of chemical materials are used and stored. May involve potential exposure to variable noise levels. Must customarily have a high consciousness for personnel and equipment safety. May be required to utilize a variety of personal protective equipment. May need to work outside of normal office hours.