Environmental Exposure and Risk Assessment Scientist
Syngenta, a leading agriculture company, improves global food security by enabling farmers to better utilize available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 employees in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity, and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job
Syngenta seeks an environmental exposure and risk assessment scientist to work within an interdisciplinary North America Environmental Safety team. You will 1) support the development and registration of new active ingredients/products and maintenance of registered active ingredients/products for Environmental Safety 2) utilize measured data to better understand the predictive nature of environmental models at multiple scales and apply these models in locations where little to no measured data are available; and 3) collaborate with other regional/global Environmental Safety experts and regional/global Product Safety, Regulatory, Stewardship and Business personnel. You will also have opportunities to publish/present research and/or represent Syngenta via professional organizations/workshops and industry-wide task forces, interact with regulatory authorities, as well as other opportunities for professional development and/or career advancement via technical and leadership pathways.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, & Abilities
- Ph.D. in agricultural/environmental sciences (surface/ground water hydrology, soil science, environmental/agricultural engineering, and/or environmental chemistry) with an emphasis on fate and transport of crop protection products in the environment
- Proficiency in environmental modeling at field, landscape, and watershed scales focused on chemical fate and transport; including experience with environmental models (SWAT, PRZM/EXAMS, etc.)
- Knowledge of water monitoring programs and utility of water monitoring data to support ecological risk assessments
- Ability to interpret information from large data sets and analyze data using appropriate statistical methods
- Experience in conducting FIFRA and Endangered Species Risk Assessments
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, adapt, and develop technical skills in disciplines beyond area of expertise
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Position is best suited for an energetic team-player who can operate autonomously, prioritize and adopt work responsibilities, multi-task, understands technical details as well as broader picture, and who values work deadlines and work-life balance
- Full time / Permanent Position Location: Greensboro, NC
- Travel: 10%.
- Relocation support is available.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)