SUMMARY: The Associate Scientist is responsible for leading and executing R&D projects, performing literature reviews, participate in the evaluation of intellectual property, and participate in external research collaborations.
We Are Kemin
We are visionaries who see things differently and are inspired by the world around us.
We have been dedicated to using applied science to improve the quality of life for over half a century.
We are a global ingredient manufacturer that strives to sustainably transform the quality of life every day for 80 percent of the world with its products and services.
For over half a century, Kemin has been dedicated to using applied science to address industry challenges and offer product solutions to customers in more than 120 countries. Kemin provides ingredients to feed a growing population with its commitment to the quality, safety and efficacy of food, feed and health-related products to customers in more than 120 countries.
Established in 1961, Kemin is a privately held, family-owned-and-operated company with more than 2,800 global employees and operations in 90 countries, including manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Brazil, China, India, Italy, Russia, San Marino, Singapore, South Africa and the United States.
- Lead R&D projects, with regular supervision, and assume responsibility for their success.
- Perform literature reviews and incorporating into research strategies.
- Participate in external research collaborations, with management.
- Actively identify and lead research areas that could lead to new product development or process improvement, with minimal supervision.
- Independently develop SOPs, research protocols, and research methods.
- Maintain accurate and detailed electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Independently perform advanced data analysis and interpretation, including statistical analysis.
- Independently perform laboratory experiments (plan, execute, analyze, and interpret results).
- Generate scientific publications used for internal or external purposes, with management review.
- Prepare and present research reports in multiple formats for both internal and external audiences.
- Review internal publications.
- Must adhere to laboratory standard operating procedures, documentation and guidelines.
- Troubleshoot issues with laboratory equipment and instrumentation. Manage and mentor direct reports to reach goals.
MINIMUM EDUCATION (including licenses, certifications, designations, etc.):
- PhD in Chemistry or Biochemistry with 2+ years of relevant experience in formulation research and optionally bioorganic, organic, or analytical research.
- MS in Chemistry or Biochemistry with 5+ years of relevant experience in formulation research and optionally bioorganic, organic, or analytical research.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
- Experience in product formulations (including but not limited to EC, EW, SL, WP, etc.).
- Experience and/or willingness to work with plants, insects, and/or microorganisms as subject matter for development and evaluation of formulations.
- Experience with extraction, isolation, identification, and characterization of plant extracts and essential oils.
- Must have a solid understanding and adherence to the Servant Leadership philosophy.
- Detail oriented, organized, prioritization skills, and motivated by accomplishment.
- Must be able to work independently and have the ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment.
- Strong experimental design and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills, suitable for external presentations.
- Advanced computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to understand and perform basic statistical analysis (SAS, StatGraphics, or comparable program).
- Analytical lab skills.
- Ability to maintain instruments.
- Excellent scientific skills in experiment design and data collection.
- Scientific curiosity and innovation.
- Handle multiple projects efficiently.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge quickly to projects.
- Fluent in English.
Apply for Associate Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly