Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Waverly, NE facility.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Follows all company Safety procedures and policies.
- Maintains a safe work environment for laboratory personnel.
- Operates all purification systems over different shifts and days of the week.
- Operates the emission abatement system over different shifts and days of the week.
- Follows and maintains work instructions, specifications, analytical methods and procedures.
- Performs calibration of specific analytical instrumentation.
- Maintains laboratory equipment in good working order.
- Samples and analyzes incoming bulk deliveries, storage tanks, sample cylinders, stock cylinders and product cylinders for quality control purposes.
- Maintains quality control records. Prepares analytical reports as required.
- Generate COAs and statistical reports for customers.
- Records and monitors statistical data.
- Interfaces with all aspects of the manufacturing plant such as gas mixing, filling, shipping, receiving, painting and cylinder prep to provide in-house support for both technical and general knowledge.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by local plant management.
- Adheres to all Quality assurance policies and standards.
- Maintains calibration and instrument logs in accordance with the Quality management systems
- B.S. or B.A. in Chemistry or related field.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, work outside, climb ladders, use hand tools and move gas cylinders.
- Ability to operate a forklift. Training will be provided.
Apply online at: https://careers-mathesongas.icims.com/jobs/3752/chemist/job
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability