The position will involve the development of polymeric thermosetting systems and composites, for the electronics industry and will provide technical support to customers in the use of new and existing materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The candidate will be assigned various research projects and will be expected to work in a factory/laboratory setting doing materials development.
- The candidate will be exposed to rigid circuit boards used in high frequency applications and high speed flex circuitry.
- The candidate will be located in Arizona and work in AGC’s Tempe factory.
- Some travel will be required, within the US to Albany, NY, as well as, other customer driven travel and potentially international travel to Korea, Singapore, or Japan.
- Relocation will not be provided.
- MS degree or PhD in a technical field (polymer science, chemical engineering, material science, organic chemistry…)with a demonstrated ability to work independently. A thesis will be viewed favorably.
- Candidates with prior work experience in thermosetting resins and experience doing R&D work in industry will also be considered.
- A candidate having experience with printed circuit board fabrication would be favorable.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Must be organized and detail oriented. The position requires a high degree of proficiency in handling detailed information and the timely processing of that information to ensure customer satisfaction. Accuracy is required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are a necessity.
- Must operate with a “can do” attitude.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- High reasoning capability required with the ability to assess any situation quickly and make sound decisions based on limited information.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions.
Opportunity is a key word throughout all AGC business units. Each and every day new opportunities present themselves. We believe that a work environment that challenges each of its employees opens the door for new ideas and solutions. By seizing opportunities, cultivating new ideas and creating solutions, each employee participates in creating a work place geared for success. We cannot guarantee you a successful future, but we will provide you with the tools to help create it yourself. Our safety and maintenance programs, combined with on-going employee training programs, makes for a safe, productive and enjoyable work environment for everyone.
AGC Nelco offers competitive wages as well as a complete package of benefits to help our employees provide security for themselves and their families. We offer health, dental, long term disability and life insurance programs, an annual Short Term Incentive (Bonus) plan and an employer matched 401K retirement program.