Open positions for postdoctoral researchers in the research project FP-RESOMUS
The postdoctoral Fellowship Program FP-RESOMUS (Resolving Solvation with Molecular Ultrafast Science and Technology) is a joint effort of the Swiss National Center of Competence in Research Molecular Ultrafast Science and Technology (NCCR MUST) and the German Cluster of Excellence RESOLV (Ruhr Explores Solvation), and is a Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action. The FP-RESOMUS network comprises over 50 research groups who strive to increase the fundamental understanding of the interactions and dynamics of molecules, liquids, solutions, and solids at the molecular, atomic, and electronic level. The tools used to gain this understanding are state-of-the-art laser technology, microscopy, and simulation methods.
FP-RESOMUS funds a total of 50 fellowships for postdocs who are or will be employed in the Swiss research network NCCR MUST or the German Cluster of Excellence RESOLV. The positions are funded for a maximum of 2 years. For more information, please visit our website: fp-resomus.eu/.
Focus of the Program
The program focusses on individual research training in the context of research projects developed in collaboration with an NCCR MUST or RESOLV scientist who is listed under Projects. Fellows will be encouraged to undertake secondments within the FP-RESOMUS network. Fellows will also be offered training in transferable skills, and have concrete opportunities to apply their new skills. Formal courses may be selected within all participating institutions. This approach is designed to benefit the career development of each fellow, as well as the receiving research groups and the scientific field as a whole.
The following requirements must be met:
- PhD degree in one of the FP-RESOMUS related scientific fields: the PhD degree must have been awarded no more than four years prior to the date of recruitment. Exceptions are made for:
- parents with young children: one additional year per child can be claimed up to a maximum of three years
- other documented and justifiable career breaks, such as illness or disabilities.
- At least one peer-reviewed original publication is required at the time of the application
- Mobility: applicants are eligible if they have lived, or had their main activity (work, studies etc.), in the intended host country (Switzerland or Germany) for fewer than 12 months within the past three years at the time of the call deadline. The program is open for candidates from EU member States, associated or third countries. Please read the MSCA eligibility criteria carefully.
What we offer
FP-RESOMUS offers an interdisciplinary, innovative and collaborative research environment. In addition to a systematic training on the job, you will profit from personal development possibilities and the opportunity to attend transferable skills courses. Research visits to partner institutions within FP-RESOMUS are encouraged and supported. It is the aim of FP- RESOMUS to grant attractive postdoctoral positions to outstanding and highly motivated applicants, regardless of their nationality and gender. On-site infrastructures guarantee a family-friendly environment and modern employment conditions. The duration of an FP-RESOMUS fellowship is limited to two years. Employment after the end of the fellowship must be financed from other sources.
Please refer to the eligibility check on the FP-RESOMUS website to assess your formal eligibility for the program. Eligible candidates can apply online through the FP-RESOMUS submission page (a password for this page will be provided after a positive eligibility check).
Please note that you must prepare your application jointly with one of the FP-RESOMUS principal investigators (PIs) listed on the FP-RESOMUS projects page. This means that you are either
- already employed in one of the FP-RESOMUS research groups for fewer than 12 months before the call deadline
- applying for an open position with the intended host PI
To apply, please upload the following documents:
- Application letter: please upload the completed Personal data form (Form 1), your EuroPass CV, and two Reference Letters (Form 2), as one single PDF document.
- Research proposal: please upload your Research Proposal (Form 3) and the completed Ethical Issues Form (4) as one single PDF document.
- Additional documents: other documents such as certificates and diplomas. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2020, 24:00 CET.
For further information about our program, please contact the Management Team of FP- RESOMUS using the contact form.