Scientist/ Senior Scientist, Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
Scientist/ Senior Scientist,
Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Scientist / Senior Scientist to join the Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry department at the South San Francisco Genentech Research and Early Development campus. The Scientist / Sr. Scientist will be responsible for leading analytical teams and projects, and providing strategic vision for both technology and project development. The Scientist / Sr. Scientist will serve as the analytical lead and potentially TDT (CMC) team lead on cross-functional project teams collaborating with colleagues in Chemistry, Formulation, Drug Discovery, Drug Delivery, Protein Analytical Chemistry, Toxicology, Quality and Regulatory groups. This role will be responsible for method development, characterization and control strategies of small molecule drug candidates and new drug modalities. The successful candidate will work in a highly collaborative environment to utilize their skills in partnership with internal and external experts to solve complex characterization challenges for emerging modalities. Hands on experience and intellectual knowledge of state-of-the-art technologies such as UHPLC, HRMS, GC/GC-MS, and spectroscopy will be used to elucidate and solve formulation, synthesis and drug delivery challenges to advance projects from proof of concept to late stage development. The Scientist / Sr. Scientist is expected to maintain a high-level scientific profile both internally and externally in terms of pipeline contributions and scholarly achievements.
Who You Are
- PhD with a minimum 5 years (Scientist) or (Senior Scientist) 8 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industries.
- Candidates must have a strong record of peer-reviewed publications from both academic institutions and industry
- Strong record of successfully leading analytical and/or CMC teams on multiple projects to move drug candidates from preclinical to clinical studies
- Candidates with previous management experience preferred
- Broad knowledge and experience with small molecule analytical development. Additional analytical experience with large molecules, peptides, oligonucleotides and polymers would be beneficial to the role. Strong experience in IND/IMPD authoring, reviewing and defending of dossier submissions.
- Proven expertise in analytical method development, validation, specifications, QC release, stability, impurity characterization and control strategies.
- In-depth understanding of cGMP, ICH/FDA/EMA guidelines, USP/EP test methods
- Demonstrated learning agility, adaptability, collaborative skills and delivering results through teamwork
- Excellent communication and scientific leadership skills, both verbally and in writing.
Who We Are
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and
life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.