Operations Manager for Flamma Honkai (Dalian, China)
The Operations Manager will report directly to the Flamma Honkai GM. The Operations Manager will lead a team responsible for the production activities of the facility. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of company objectives and guidelines in compliance with the Flamma Group objectives, principles and values. He/she will oversee the end to end supply chain and operational activities to assure effectiveness, quality and profitability.
The focus of this position will be on:
- Operations strategy and the proper planning of resources
- Working in conjunction with the other Flamma teams in Italy and the USA to ensure realistic timelines are met with certainty
- Production process management
- Look to find efficiencies and streamline operations
- Process improvements execution
- Review currect processes to find potential improvements and efficiencies
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Overseeing the installation of the equipmentand future construction to ensure that the work is completed to Flamma standards
- Warehouse management
- Look to find efficiencies and streamline operations
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the readiness of customer and regulartory agency audits. The readiness must comply with the regulatory standards of the pharmaceutical industry. The Operations Manager will help Flamma continue to deliver high quality materials that are on time and in spec at a fair, competitive price.
Manage the Operations at Flamma Honkai
- Provide a safe & comfortable working environment by ones organizational skills. Establish department environmental, safety and industry hygiene objectives by having sufficient training and site inspection. All operations must comply with environmental, safety, industry hygiene expectations of Flamma senior managment.
- Make sure all cGMP related regulations and procedures are strictly performed with strong sense of quality control in production processes and establishing department quality objectives. Look to continuously improve manufacturing processes by implementing improvement projects.
- Set operation KPIs and regularly monitor the accomplishments. Coordinate and implement the production schedule with the other Flamma locations in Italy and the USA.
- Help to prepare and implement the departmental budget planning and expense control. Review annually and look for efficiencies (including headcount control, cost reductions and CAPEX projects).
- Help to direct the warehouse team to keep accurate information and optimize storage capacity to allow the effiecient movement of materials- internally and externally. Ensure that the supply of materials for production are delivered in time.
Inspection Readiness and Execution
- You will be the main spokesperson during audits and customer visits
- Provide technical support in partnership with Quality on any customer and/or regulatory audits and/or inspections
- Look to motivate and inspire the team to ultimately provide increased performance using technical innovation and change. Help to develope the team with the aim to have a diverse pipeline of high performing multi-skilled leaders for the future.
- Look to provide coaching and development opportunities for the team. Evaluate performance and provide important feedback that will lead to improvements.
- Ensure all operation activities are in compliance with the requirement of GMP and EHS. Monitoring and continuous improvement of site KPIs.
MS or Bachelor degree in Pharmaceutical, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other related majors
5+ years of working experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Including experience as a production/workshop manager within a pharmaceutical and/or fine chemical company; Comprehensive knowledge in chemical equipment & engineering as well as safety and environmental issues
- Good experience/knowledge in GMP production and 5S maintenance
- Ideally having strong knowledge of organic synthesis & process development is a plus.
- Having worked within a multinational company is a bonus
The ability of speaking, writing and reading English is a must.
Working knowledge of Chinese language and culture is a plus. Italian is also a plus.
- Understanding of compliance requirements (cGMP and other guidelines applicable to the pharmaceutical industry)
- Understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental related regulations
- Business acumen, financials (budgeting & costing)
2. Personal and interpersonal skills / Leadership skills
- Ability to lead cross functional team
- Ability to manage complexity and change
- Ability to interact at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle conflicting interests, and take decisions
- Ability to work independently under general direction, having a good sense of prioritization of assigned tasks goals and manage time accordingly
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Focus on the costumer and business
- Collaboration and team building
- Organization & talent development
- Good internal & external communication skills
3. Personal attitude and mindset
- Drives for innovation and change to ensure competitiveness
- Can-do mentality, agility & flexibility able to work with set goals and deadlines
- Willing to place the goals of the team first and work with others towards these goals
- Showing a high sense of responsibility regarding professional activities
- Ability to deal with changes from market, compliance, suppliers and others.
4. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) & Safety, Health and Environment Performance
- Adhere to applicable cGMP’s and procedures (role model)
- Report incidents and deviations
- Propose solution to improve compliance with cGMP’s
- Adhere to applicable EH&S and procedures (role model)
Starting salary will be based on experience. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to be part of a ground floor opportunity as Flamma grows their presence in China.
FLAMMA is a CDMO with Headquarters near Milan, Italy. As a fully integrated CDMO, we leverage our 100% self-owned, self-managed facilities, in Italy, China, and USA to deliver a stable, reliable supply chain. We specialize in the cGMP manufacturing of APIs, NCEs, RSMs, & Advanced intermediates (NCEs and generics). We use our expertise in high value chiral materials (specifically amino acid related materials) to provide solutions to customers who not only have need for chiral materials but also clients who have other requirements with a various type of chemistries. In addition, we also manufacture specialty compounds and advanced intermediates for the nutraceutical and cosmetic industries. We also have a variety of niche generic products.
SEND COVER LETTER AND CV TO email@example.com
Job posted September 29, 2020