Regulatory Affairs Specialist*
6 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
Regulatory Affairs Specialist*
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“For more than 30 years at 3M, I’ve seen firsthand how it’s a place where curious, creative and collaborative people thrive and build a rewarding career. As a leader in this company, my goal is to ensure each 3Mer sees and feels the positive impact we’re making around the world” – Mike Roman, chief executive officer and chairman, 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will perform technical activities to ensure compliant, safe, sustainable, and profitable products to help grow the business and protect 3M and have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Providing regulatory, safety, life cycle and risk management expertise and direction for Separation & Purification Sciences Division (SPSD) products and technologies
- Developing and executing technical activities leading to regulatory compliance, effective assessment of safety and risk to human health and the environment, liability avoidance, and life cycle management concerning existing and new products, applications and technologies having significant importance to SPSD
- Assessing, developing and executing global regulatory compliance and risk management for products, markets, applications and technologies
- Developing, expanding, and applying specialized understanding of local, state, federal, and international regulations, market expectations to SPSD products
- Effectively managing regulatory, safety and risk assessment content and documentation in division and corporate systems such as life cycle management, risk assessment, regulatory strategy, quality management systems, product composition and regulatory information systems
- Providing timely direction and guidance to the business and its customers regarding regulatory compliance and safety processes and declarations, product labeling, claims, change management and new and emerging regulations and trends
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or higher discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of combined experience in a product regulatory, environmental sciences, quality and/or technical environment (private, public, government or military)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Master’s degree or higher in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience working in regulatory affairs, product stewardship, laboratory and/or quality environment
- Regulatory affairs experience in one or more of the following regulated areas: combination products, biological products, chemical products, consumer products, medical device components, food contact, and/or beverages
- Strong communication, project management and leadership skills with global and cross-functional teams
- Experience with corporate quality, regulatory, commercialization, change management and life cycle and risk management systems
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic or international
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.