Synthetic Organic Chemist
OBITER Research is a privately owned chemical research and manufacturing company located in Champaign Illinois. We specialize in custom contract chemical research and manufacturing of difficult or complex chemical compounds. We provide early phase R&D and commercial drug substances from milligram to multi kilogram scale production.
OBITER Research has open employment opportunities. We are currently seeking highly skilled PhD organic chemists and offer full time positions with benefits of health, dental, vision and life insurance.
Organic Research Chemist
The individual must have a minimum of a Doctorate (PhD) from a College or University or equivalent; or 5 to 8 years industry related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must posses demonstrated mechanical skills, have experience with reactors/reactions, the ability to multitask with good organization, problem solving and communication skills. Experience working in a fast-paced environment with proven track record of balancing multiple projects and delivering needed results. Must be able to lift 75 lbs. Work is performed in laboratories with exposure to chemicals. Personal protective equipment provided.
All employees at Obiter Research are expected to be available during normal business hours; from 8 AM to 5 PM or as necessary to complete project goals, customer deadlines and company goals. It is important that all scientists insure the continued success of the company by being project driven and go beyond the minimal expectations of the company and the customer. Position requires an experienced chemist that is able to work both independently and within a team environment on a project with minimal supervision and obtain quality results. Position must be able to maintain a safe work place and to positively collaborate with fellow Chemists.
- Method acquisition from literature, method development, and method verification.
- Set up and perform multiple laboratory chemical reactions and formulate experiments of various types.
- Work with Quality Department to assure complete and accurate documentation and quality of all compounds produced.
- Use of equipment for reaction, distilling, re-crystalizations and centrifuging
- Search out and place purchase orders for intermediates, solvents and chemical supplies
- Maintain accurate record keeping, chemistry procedures and safety standards including chemical hygiene plan and notebook entries.
- Assure laboratories and equipment are maintained clean and orderly
- Communicate progress to management and / or customers.
- Serve on company committees as requested
- Provide positive attitude and atmosphere to work to achieve goals and objectives.
- Perform High Pressure reactions
- Analyze samples with appropriate technique NMR, HPLC, MS, GC.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals; technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as: discounts, interest, proportions, percentages and areas required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook) and internet experience
- Working knowledge of Chemdraw, ACD Labs, Scifinder, Analytical Systems Software and other software necessary to complete task.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
You may reach our human resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Synthetic Organic Chemist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly