Assistant Professor - Chemistry
Austin Peay State University invites applications for a Chemist at the rank of Assistant Professor. Preference will be given to those capable of teaching upper division courses in biochemistry and/or computational chemistry. This is a full-time, 9-month tenure-track faculty position commencing August 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will develop and teach lecture and laboratory courses in introductory general chemistry and upper division courses in their area of expertise within the American Chemical Society accredited Department of Chemistry. They will be expected to engage in research and professional activities, contribute to the growth and development of the department through recruiting activities, serve on departmental and university committees, and participate in a variety of departmental activities.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field; all degree requirements for Ph.D. must be complete by date of hire.
- Demonstrated competency in teaching both lecture and laboratory courses in introductory and advanced chemistry by at least 1-2 years of teaching experience.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Evidence of good character, mature attitude, and professional integrity.
- Mastery of common modern instrumental methods of analysis as pertaining to the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Must be fluent in English.
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Each applicant must include a cover letter and the names and contact information for three references, one of which must be from your most recent or current employer, with your application materials. Many people add their references to the end of the CV/Resume. A teaching philosophy and a research plan are also required.
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Austin Peay State University (APSU) does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. See Non-discrimination Policy.