Sr. Research Scientist-Particle Engineering
SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST – PARTICLE ENGINEERING in West Lafayette, Indiana
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Senior Research Scientist is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by being part of the most trusted provider of drug discovery, development and manufacturing services for pharmaceutical and biotech innovators. To accomplish this, we provide exceptional scientific expertise and maintain relationships with customers by demonstrating service that goes above and beyond the ordinary. Having the right people on our team is critical to this mission.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture. We are recruiting for a scientific contributor for our West Lafayette, Indiana facility. The main activities of the Senior Research Scientist will be to develop, validate, and perform cGMP analyses for particle characterization including particle size by laser light scattering and BET surface area.
In this role, you will:
• Use robust scientific practices, which comply with standard operating procedures and scientific standards, to lead technical projects with a focus on Micromeritics.
• Perform particle size method development and validation activities
• Perform BET surface area and porosity testing
• Ensure particle size and surface area instruments remain cGMP compliant by conducting instrument calibration and performing maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation where necessary
• Prepare technical documents including scientific reports, development reports, validation protocols, and methods
• Design experimental plans and write appropriately scoped proposals for clients.
• Communicate clearly and accurately with internal and external clients, both verbally and through written data summaries and reports
• Comply with all cGMP, laboratory SOPs, and company policies and procedures
• Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices according to AMRI Environmental Health and Safety policies
• Collaborate with co-workers and contribute to team activities.
• Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
• M.S. or PhD degree in scientific discipline (e.g., Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related science field and relevant Micromeritics experience.
• 8-12 years’ experience with developing and validating particle size methods in a cGMP environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
• Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects, and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and the ability to learn other scientific software packages, as required
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills to identify and solve work related issues
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience executing computer system validation activities related to particle size and surface area instruments.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.