Research & Development Lab Manager
The R&D Lab Manager will manage a team of analytical laboratory personnel in the use of advanced material characterization methods and instrumentation; distribute laboratory workload to ensure timely completion of work requests; ensure a high standard of measurement fidelity, data integrity and retrieval. This is a highly technical position that requires excellent organizational and management skills, the ability to develop sound objectives and the leadership to meet the established timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all operational and safety aspects of the analytical laboratory
- Provide analytical laboratory services to R&D, Engineering, QA, Technical Service and Customers based on established priorities
- Recruit and provide leadership to laboratory personnel
- Manage the maintenance and calibration of laboratory instrumentation, and procurement of laboratory supplies.
- Work with company-wide technical personnel to provide accurate and reliable materials and product testing capabilities.
- Establish and maintain a disciplined system to track work orders, and to store and retrieve test data
- Provide leadership and technical interface with outside testing or research organizations in order to advance the company's technology
- Stay current and informed about new developments in the field of analytical instrumentation, test methods and industry specifications
- Assist in product development and failure analysis using a variety of analytical techniques
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- MS or PhD degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science or equivalent scientific discipline
- A minimum of five years progressive leadership in an analytical laboratory environment dealing with chemical analysis, and/or materials characterization and development.
- Team oriented, with the ability to relate successfully to a diverse group of people
- Ability to supervise technical staff and willingness to travel to both domestic & global locations.
- A tangible, proven track record in implementing laboratory management systems, including calibration, data storage and retrieval
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with accuracy
- High degree of proficiency in handling detailed information and the timely processing of that information, with the ability to maintain confidentiality, is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are a necessity with the ability to interface with customers, OEMs, suppliers, and various key level management personnel.
Apply for Research & Development Lab Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly