1 day left
- Job Type
- Full time
This job is for a three-year Postdoctoral Research Associate position working in chemical synthesis and material preparation for ceramic materials through a chemical synthesis or polymeric precursor route.
The scope includes but is not limited to solution-based materials synthesis, manipulation of precursor polymers composition, material fabrication for desired properties, and material property characterizations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform hands-on synthesis, characterization and testing of new compounds
- Sample fabrication of ceramics and ceramic matrix composites
- Material property characterizations, such as FT-IR, XRD, XPS, Raman, TGA/DSC, SEM, TEM, and electrical/dielectric property measurements
- Publish scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals
- Training and supervising graduate and undergraduate students
- Lab maintenance, including equipment setup, maintenance, organization, and ordering of supplies as needed
- Requires a doctor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Polymer Science, or equivalent scientific discipline.
- A strong background in synthetic organic chemistry including experience with multi-step organic synthesis and extensive organic compound structural characterization.
- High technical achievement as evidenced by publication in high-impact scientific journals.
- Prior experience with ceramic material fabrication through a polymeric precursor route is preferred.
The review process for applications will begin on Nov. 01, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. The expected start date for these positions is Nov. 15, 2020. Salary will be competitive based on qualifications.
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) is among the largest and most prominent in the nation. The department offers Bachelor of Science (BS), Master of Science (MS), and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in both Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Aerospace Engineering (AE).
The MAE Department has an enrollment of over 1,100 undergraduate students and 400 graduate students. The department is housed in Engineering Building III, a four-story, 250,000-square foot facility built in 2010. The annex houses an anechoic chamber, wind tunnels, internal combustion engine dynamometers, and additional research labs. NC State’s location on Centennial Campus combined with its proximity to the Research Triangle Park and neighboring universities provides extensive opportunities for academic and industrial interaction and collaboration.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148. Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Apply for Materials Research-Basic
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Engineering Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in Research Triangle Park
- General / Technical Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in Research Triangle Park
- Materials Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in Research Triangle Park
- Nanotechnology Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in Research Triangle Park
- Organic Research-Basic Full time $40,000 - $49,999 jobs in Research Triangle Park