Sensor Development Scientist
Matrix Sensors, Inc. is an exciting technology startup company based in San Diego, CA. We are developing a disruptive carbon dioxide-sensor on a chip to monitor air quality in homes, offices and vehicles. Our sensor technology is based on metal organic frameworks (MOFs), the world’s most porous materials, and will reduce the size, cost, and power requirements beyond what currently possible with commercially available sensors. Such advances will enable large consumer markets.
Sensor Development Scientist
Matrix Sensors, Inc. is seeking a qualified person to advance our gas sensing technology. This is a fulltime position reporting to the VP of Engineering at our San Diego, CA facility. We offer full benefits and a competitive salary.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop devices and processes for sensing of gases using MOFs
- Create models where necessary to predict behavior of sensors and processes
- Electrical and mechanical characterization of novel materials
- Work with Engineering to define custom test and process equipment
- Analyze data and interpret results, including automating routine data analysis calculations
- Document technical work in detail and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- MS or PhD in Physics, Material Science, Chemistry, or Engineering
- Understand basic device physics to comprehend the effects process, fabrication, and integration have on the final device performance.
- Experience with low-noise, precision electrical measurements Desired skills include:
- Expertise in a scientific analysis software package such as Matlab
- Basic understanding of implementation of statistical process control (SPC)
- Experience with a multiphysics simulation environment, such as COMSOL a plus
- Experience with LabView a plus
We are looking for candidates who are energetic self-starters willing to wear many hats. This is a great opportunity to do interesting work, expand your skills, and join a top-notch team.
Please apply via e-mail with your resume in .pdf or .doc format, including the job title Sensor Development Scientist, first and last name in the subject line, for review.
Matrix Sensors, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law. Matrix Sensors, Inc. will not allow any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy, or who cooperate in the investigation of such reports, even if the reports do not reveal any wrongdoing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Matrix Sensors, Inc. offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.