RESEARCH SCIENTIST - POSTDOCTORAL
Major Job Responsibilities:
The role involves technology innovations for both product development and improvement. The incumbent will use his or her knowledge and experience to design and prototype new cellulose based environmentally sustainable products as well as to improve current products. Applicant must be an innovative, highly capable scientist/engineer, with the ability to fulfill the following accountabilities:
- Conduct all activities with a focus on maintaining and improving a safe work environment.
- Design and prototype cellulose based environmentally sustainable new products for specified applications.
- Develop new technologies to improve qualities of current products and reduce their costs.
- Keep up to date with developments in the field and identify opportunities for new technologies development.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Advanced degree in science or engineering. Prior experience and knowledge with cellulose and paper coating are preferred. Familiarity with polymer science and processing technologies is a plus.
- Candidate should have demonstrated past innovative accomplishments.
- Must be able to work in a cross-functional atmosphere to provide support and technical leadership for strategic projects.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new areas of technology so as to contribute to successful completion of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize development work and assess feasibility.
- Knowledge and use of statistical computer tools such as Minitab, Statistica, Design Expert and Excel functions desired.
- US citizens and permanent residents only.
More searches like this
- Engineering Research-Applied Full time $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in Westbrook
- Nanotechnology Research-Applied Full time $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in Westbrook
- Paint / Coatings Research-Applied Full time $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in Westbrook
- Paper / Wood / Pulp Research-Applied Full time $80,000 - $89,999 jobs in Westbrook