Research Associate, Analytical Chemistry
Recursion is a digital biology company industrializing drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
You will primarily work within the Analytical Chemistry lab, developing and using analytical methods to process and analyze samples from in vitro, in vivo, and compound quality control studies.
- Perform routine operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of both simple and complex lab instrumentation.
- Accurate and contemporaneous documentation of work in an electronic laboratory notebook, and communicate those results through oral, written and visual presentations during project team meetings.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Everything you do will contribute to Recursion’s mission of decoding biology to radically improve the lives of patients with unmet needs. To achieve this, we are looking for an enthusiastic professional in the pharmaceutical industry who wants to work on everything from routine analytical chemistry assays to more complicated method development projects on a wide range of analyte chemistries. The position of Research Associate - Analytical Chemistry will report to a Director within a top talent Chemistry department.
Specifically, we want a Research Associate who is dextrous, has strong analytical and problem solving skills and has the ability to work safely in a lab environment. We are looking for someone who is independent yet can also work in teams representing many different disciplines. Preference will be given to an individual who has experience with analytical methodology, especially if it includes the use of chromatographic systems or mass spectrometry.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a chemical or biological discipline
- 3+ years post-degree analytical chemistry work experience preferably within the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent wet chemistry techniques
- Experience with liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry is preferable
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility*
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute*
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars*
- Monthly wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking*
*Subject to change for remote-based employees during the COVID-19 pandemic
More About Us
Recursion’s mission is to decode biology to radically improve lives. Unraveling the exceptional complexity of biological systems and delivering the next generation of biotherapeutics at unprecedented speed and scale can only be achieved by bridging life science and technology. Recursion is the leader in digital biology, and has built the world’s most advanced ultra-high throughput wet-lab and machine learning platform. Recursion’s ability to generate proprietary, high-dimensional, multi-modal and relatable datasets of human cellular biology at massive scale, and apply advanced machine learning approaches to reveal novel biological relationships, has resulted in a proven, target-agnostic drug-discovery engine.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.