Principal Investigator - Elemental Analysis
Chemours is seeking a Principal Investigator - Elemental Analysis to join our growing Titanium Technologies Process Development team! This position will report directly to the Process Development Group Manager at our Discovery Hub in Newark, DE location.
The Chemours Elemental Analysis lab is embedded within the Process Development group of the Titanium Technologies business unit and serves the diverse elemental analysis needs across the entire company. This state-of-the-art laboratory is equipped with ICP-OES, ICP-MS and XRF instruments and has fully equipped laboratory spaces for wet chemistry sample preparation including microwave digestions. Additional elemental analysis capabilities are distributed throughout the global Chemours research centers and manufacturing facilities. The successful candidate will support and extend the competitive advantage of Chemours by advancing capabilities in elemental analysis and providing insights into the elemental content of a wide variety of matrices of critical importance to Research activities and Production. It is expected that the candidate will develop testing standards throughout the Company and contribute to a robust analytical chemistry community.
This role requires a combination of the high level of precision needed for regulatory related testing (EPA, FDA, EFSA, RCRA, etc.), strong applied research skills to tackle a wide range of matrices, and discipline for safely handling hazardous materials such as strong acids in a lab environment. This role also requires a combination of strong hands-on involvement in the lab and good leadership skills to manage the team of experienced analysts in the lab.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operate the Elemental Analysis lab to ensure that customers’ daily needs are met in a safe, timely, efficient, and effective manner including hands-on running of samples as needed.
- Partner with customers to define problems, understand business and technical context, design experiments, and communicate results. Serve as a single point of contact from the elemental analysis group to customer organizations.
- Develop and refine methods for sample preparation and analysis to obtain accurate elemental composition descriptions for the diverse range of research, process, and product samples across all Chemours businesses. This role includes ensuring the quality and compliance requirements for the data are met consistently.
- Train, develop and support lab analysts in the safe analysis of complex matrix samples for the timely delivery of world-class levels of accuracy, compliance and reliability in metals analysis.
- Continually evaluate open literature and incorporate the latest techniques into elemental analysis capabilities in Chemours including leading the acquisition of new equipment when needed.
- Ensure that analytical methods are properly documented and effectively communicated.
The following is required for this role:
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or BS/MS with 5+ years of industrial experience will also be considered
- Demonstrated leadership experience and interpersonal communication skills to lead a team of lab analysis to work across multiple business functions in a fast paced environment.
- Extensive prior hands-on operational experience in Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectrometry (ICP-OES and ICP-MS) and X-Ray fluorescence spectrometry
- Demonstrated ability to develop, adapt, and validate new analytical methods including proficiency in sample preparation techniques for trace metals analysis
- Strong awareness of chemical hazards and analytical laboratory operation
The following is preferred for this role:
- Experience in analysis of inhomogeneous, mixed, and poorly defined samples
- Experience with microwave digestions
- Proficiency in an extended range of analytical techniques
- Six Sigma certification or training in statistical analysis
- Travel: Up to 25% for travel to manufacturing sites as needed
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position
Apply for Principal Investigator - Elemental Analysis
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly