Senior Material Developer
At Molnlycke, we care about making people better - those who work for us, those who work with us, and we prove it every day! In our daily work, we create unique medical solutions to improve quality of life. We enjoy what we do because it makes a real difference in people’s lives.
Although we’re a global company, we’re still small enough for you to make your mark. Our leaders are accessible and trust us to make the right decisions. As a Mölnlycke employee, you’ll thrive when you take on the responsibility.
We are currently searching for a Senior Material Developer. This person will be based in Wiscasset, Maine. The purpose of the Senior Material Developer is to lead the development and implementation of new and/or improved materials for Mölnlycke products in order to meet customer needs and/or to rationalize and reduce the cost of products in order to improve profitability and/or to secure supply.
• Accountable to deliver in assigned design control roles
• Within the assigned material area; plan, develop, deliver and document material solutions in assigned role in design control projects.
• Accountable for appointed role with focus on material solutions in development and change projects
• Responsible to ensure material documentation for assigned material(s) is up to date and compliant
• Responsible for maintaining and developing knowledge of material within the assigned area.
• Secure supply on existing material by working with internal partners and material suppliers within assigned material area
• Propose new product ideas leveraging on new material opportunities
• Develop and improve existing material solutions and identify new potential suppliers within assigned area
• Continuously monitor and suggest new materials and/or alternative suppliers within the assigned area.
• Suggesting continuous improvements such as processes, work instructions and ways of working
• Build and maintain internal and external network within the area of material development (Material Science)
• Initiate and lead cooperation with external research partners
• Coaching Material developers
• Within the assigned material area:
• On top of competitors material solutions
• On top of IP landscape in assigned materials
• Initiate and drive rationalization activities
• Drive IP portfolio strengthening initiatives
Background/Experience & Qualifications:
• Fully trained according to Material Development Manager and assigned roles according to training Matrix
• Deep technical knowledge in assigned medical device area
• Deep knowledge of the assigned material area
• Knowledge of Global Regulatory Requirements and standards related to the medical device.
• Understanding of Mölnlycke customer and end user needs including competitors knowledge
• Deep knowledge in Mölnlycke QMS and Design control
• High demand on communication skills
• Fluent English written and spoken
• Proven high performance behaviours and leadership skills
• Assigned business area knowledge and general business acumen
• Good knowledge of all steps in IP generation
Qualifications and Experience
• Preferably PhD in engineering, chemistry or life science. Otherwise Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry or life science or equivalent
• 8 years’ experience from material development or production
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with medical devices
Mölnlycke is a world-leading medical solutions company. We design and supply solutions to enhance performance at every point of care – from the hospital to the home.
We specialize in:
• Wound management: including dressings with Safetac® such as Mepitel® and Mepilex®
• Preventing pressure ulcers: with Mepilex® Border used prophylactically and devices to help turn and re-position patients
• Surgical solutions: including Mölnlycke trays, HiBi® antiseptics and Biogel® surgical gloves
Mölnlycke was founded in 1849. Nowadays our solutions are available in around 100 countries; we’re the number one global provider of advanced wound care and single-use surgical products; and we’re Europe’s largest provider of customized trays. Our headquarters are in Gothenburg, Sweden and we have about 7,800 employees around the world.
Apply for Senior Material Developer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly