Medicinal Chemistry Faculty
1 day left
- Job Type
- Full time
University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis
EOE Statement: University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Candidates will be considered regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, gender, veteran status or sexual orientation. We encourage members of minority groups to apply.
Job Location St. Louis College of Pharmacy main campus - St. Louis, MO
Position Type Full-time faculty
Educational Level Graduate Degree
Job Category Education
St. Louis College of Pharmacy at University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis invites applications for a tenure-track, academic year faculty position at the level of assistant or associate professor. Candidates at the assistant professor level are expected to demonstrate strong potential for establishing a vigorous, independent and externally funded research program. Candidates at the associate professor level are expected to have clear evidence of sustained research accomplishments supported by extramural funding as well as demonstrated proficiency in scholarship and teaching.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Devote significant effort to scholarly activity with special emphasis in medicinal chemistry/drug discovery research, including synthesis of novel bioactive molecules. There will be opportunities to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of experienced researchers through the Center for Clinical Pharmacology, a partnership between the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy and Washington University School of Medicine. Additional collaborations are available with other departments within the Washington University system and regional institutions such as Saint Louis University.
- Contribute to required courses of the Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum and the M.S. in Medicinal Chemistry within the candidate's area of expertise. There will also be opportunity for development of elective courses in the professional and graduate program, respectively.
- Provide service to the College and the profession of pharmacy through advising of professional and graduate students, contributions to professional organizations and College committees.
To succeed you will need:
- A PhD with a strong research focus in medicinal chemistry/drug discovery research. Preferred candidates will have experience seeking and obtaining extramural funding.
- A commitment to student learning. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching or mentoring professional and/or graduate level students.
- Strong interpersonal skills with outstanding communication.
- Demonstrated support for diversity and inclusion.
If this sounds like the job for you, here is information on how to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, a summary of current and planned research activities and funding, statement of teaching philosophy and interests, as well as the names of at least three professional references through the College's online application portal www.uhsp.edu/employment. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.