Analytical Instrument Sales Representative
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative
Our Xray and Optical Emission Spectroscopy Instrument Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of elemental analysis instruments in the Central US sales region and will be responsible for sales of Thermo Fisher’s Xray, XRD and OES products. Xray and OES instruments are widely used in the cement, steel and other industrial manufacturers for elemental analysis. XRD is used for various R&D applications in pharma and academia.
What will you do?
- Identify, interpret, and respond to customer’s requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Schedule and conduct product demonstrations to customers using detailed product knowledge and presenting the product first-hand.
- Provide input on preparation and present technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of manufacturing department’s production and delivery schedules.
- Meet or exceed established sales goals; deliver bookings and revenue commitments in accordance with business unit targets.
- Create and implement strategies and tactical plans in line with the divisional, regional and area goals.
- Effectively communicate bookings and revenue outlook to management and the broader organization to ensure visibility into performance and on-time delivery of products and services.
- Control department expenses against budget commitments and submit required reports on a timely basis.
- Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline and forecast management processes; leverage modern sales tools like Salesforce, automated incentive tracking, etc.
- Serves as a channel of information to the division that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition and current marketplace – their products, pricing, merchandising techniques, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Work closely with business unit product management teams and make recommendations based on the understanding of marketing and new product plans.
How will you get here?
- Associates, Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, with related work experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends and unit analysis, accurate forecasting ability
- Proficient fundamental business acumen and operational excellence experience in customer-centric organization
- Demonstrated selling achievement(s) in scientific instrumentation
- Analytical instrument product knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of the professional selling process
- Minimum of 50% travel