Director of Analytical Development
We’re looking to hire a Director of Analytical Development to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud-computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a senior member of our Drug Discovery Applications Group, you’ll join a dedicated team of designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. We also engage with Contract Research Organizations (CRO) and Consultants. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale computing infrastructure.
Who will love this job:
- A highly motivated analytical chemist with a desire to build a world-class development group
- An experienced manager and coordinator who can handle multiple projects
- A highly organized and skilled analyst who enjoys working with CRO partners
What you’ll do:
- Develop analytical strategies and manage all analytical deliverables for a given program in a cross-functional environment
- Design and develop phase-appropriate drug substance and drug product specifications in accordance with ICH guidelines
- Contribute and provide oversight on the drafting of technical documents to support regulatory filings
- Formulate and monitor analytical specifications and compliance at CRO partners
What you should have:
- A PhD in analytical chemistry with a minimum of ten years industry experience and a proven record of innovative problem-solving and leadership
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.