Junior Group Leader Position in Organic Synthesis
The Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences (IOCB Prague) is inviting applications for a tenure-track Junior Group Leader position in synthetic organic chemistry with a strong emphasis on synthetic approaches to complex target molecules at the interface of chemistry and biology.
This tenure-track position is comparable to assistant professor at a US university, or to a new investigator position at the Max Planck Institutes in Germany. IOCB aims to enhance its international character and is committed to inclusivity and diversity. Applications from any country are welcome, and we strongly encourage female and minority candidates to apply.
The Institute offers:
- the opportunity to establish your own research group with up to 5 co-workers;
- fully equipped laboratory;
- an outstanding and free to use research infrastructure;
- generous financial starting package.
The Institute requires:
- completed PhD, preferably less than 6 years ago, with relevant postdoctoral experience;
- ability to lead a research group;
- a competitive research program in synthetic organic chemistry aimed at the synthesis of complex target molecules at the interface of organic chemistry and biology complementing and enhancing the scientific focus and strength of the institute;
- potential to successfully secure external funding through starting or junior grants from European and national agencies (e.g. the European Research Council and the Czech Science Foundation)
- be open to both in-house and external collaboration
Application deadline: April 30, 2021
More info at: https://www.iocb.cz/job-group-leader