The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at OHIO University, is inviting applications for a Laboratory Curator. This individual will be responsible for preparing and supplying chemistry labs for approximately 1800 freshman chemistry students per semester. Preparation includes setting up experiments, preparing all chemical solutions needed, and preparing and maintaining lab equipment. Incumbent also collects, inventories, and disposes of all waste associated with the labs. Incumbent is also responsible for ordering and inventorying necessary chemicals and equipment. In addition, incumbent supervises and trains graduate students as teaching assistants.
- Prepare the labs for approximately 1800 freshmen chemistry students per semester, which includes setting up experiments, preparing all chemical solutions needed, and preparing and maintaining lab equipment. Collect, inventory, and dispose of all chemical waste (hazardous & non-hazardous) associated with the freshman chemistry labs and work with the Dept. of Environmental Health & Safety.
- Supervise federal work study students and manage check-in and check-out of all laboratories. Supervise and aide in training of graduate students as teaching assistants.
- Supervise the labs as they occur. This includes some supervision of the teaching assistants (graduate and undergraduate students), maintaining correct levels of prepared chemicals for the experiment and aiding the graduate students in case of equipment malfunction during the lab periods.
- Use BobCatBUY and Concur to purchase and inventory all of the necessary chemicals and equipment for the freshman labs. Manage the shipping and receiving of said orders. Provide back-up coverage for the department’s purchasing office.
- Serve on the department’s safety committee and complete other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Chemistry
- At least one year of work related experience
- At least one year of supervisory experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Chemical Hygiene Safety Training (OU EHS provided)
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, visit https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/36440.
Please complete the online application and attach the following documents when prompted:
- Current resume or CV.
- A cover letter summarizing your qualifications and interest in the position.
- A list of 3 professional references including the nature of your relationship, a current email address, and telephone number for each reference provider.
The position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by 11:59 p.m. EST on March 14, 2021.
OHIO UNIVERSITY'S COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Please visit the OHIO University website (https://www.ohio.edu) for more information about our institution.