Complex Biotech Discovery Ventures (CBDV) is a private research laboratory on the UBC Vancouver campus, focused on cannabis analytics and chemical process development, as well as psilocybin mushroom research. We seek to establish a strong scientific foundation for the cannabis and psilocybin industries, enabling future breakthroughs.
A small team with a lot of drive, we offer the opportunity to turn your ideas into practice and shape these young industries. We also offer a friendly and accommodating environment to help develop your skills and grow.
You will help develop, manage and oversee research programs of CBDV, design and execute IP strategies and build out the laboratory. As the Head Chemist, the incumbent is responsible for managing the scientific staff.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and self-directed scientist, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research into cannabis processing and analytics, and psilocybin mushrooms.
How You Might Spend Your Days
- Providing mentorship & leadership, including designing, planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with teammates
- Developing advanced analytical platforms and test for cannabis products, like smoke analysis and plant metabolomics
- Plan and complete client research projects in an efficient manner
- Participate in the IP projects of CBDV, those can be organic synthesis, electrochemistry or analytical in nature
- Solving problems at a high level
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd Love To Hear From You If
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies, opportunities