R&T Analytical Manager
Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
We are seeking applicants to manage analytical laboratories and to lead analytical projects.
- Manage analytical workloads and resources including personnel and equipment
- Develop, motivate and mentor analytical staff
- Lead analytical projects including designing experiments and data interpretation to support R&D and manufacturing processes
- Assist in resolving technical issues with complex technical projects
- Manage walk-up analytical instrumentation
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environmental practices
- Manage multiple complex priorities with demanding time frames
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement both in technology and safety
Ideal applicants should have the following education and experience:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field with 10+ years total experience
- 5 years of administrative management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and materially improve a technical organization
- Technical acumen in multiple analytical chemistry techniques with significant expertise in GC and GCMS method development for chemical analysis
- Technical acumen in multiple analytical chemistry techniques with significant expertise in one or more techniques for modern chemical analysis
- Experience with LIMS
- Sound analytical problem solving skills
- Experience with in process analyzers
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact and collaborate in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated project execution, organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.