Staff Scientist – Chemist
Please visit the following link to apply for the Baylor College of Medicine - Center for Drug Discovery Staff Scientist-Chemist Position: https://jobs.bcm.edu/job/Houston-Staff-Scientist-Chemist-Texa/720932300/
The Center for Drug Discovery (https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug-discovery) is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston, Texas. The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in medicinal chemistry and/or organic chemistry to join the Center for Drug Discovery. Central to our vision is the continued establishment of a small-molecule discovery platform using a DNA-encoded chemistry approach. The position is reserved for career researchers and is intended to be utilized after completing at least three years of Postdoctoral research.
The team, led by scientists with drug discovery experience in academia and the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, is looking to recruit a staff scientist. BCM is located in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center and offers a highly interactive environment and a strong infrastructure for research and career development. As a member of this multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Participate in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by engaging in the following activities: perform compound resynthesis and medicinal chemistry optimization; design, screen, and synthesize DNA-encoded chemical libraries; uncover and utilize novel chemical reactions in water; and/or evaluate compounds for efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
- Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of post doctoral research experience.
- PhD in medicinal/organic chemistry or a related discipline.
- >4 years of hands-on laboratory experience in medicinal/organic chemistry and/or a related field and a track record of quality publications and/or patents in these areas.
- Experience with one or more of the following: performing innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Work independently and consult the literature to guide scientific efforts and document research efforts in a laboratory notebook.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.