Technical Manager/Director, Coatings
7 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
Duraco is actively expanding its customer and product footprint through the acquisition of strategic companies in overlapping and adjacent markets, including one asset based in the Films and Technical Coatings space.
This job description outlines the responsibilities and expectations for the Technical Director supporting both current and potential Duraco platform business.
- Meet - and then exceed - revenue and profitability targets.
- Lead and own a Duraco-based NPD pipeline worth at least $10MM+ in annual value and delivering 5 launches per annum.
- Provide leadership in formulation development, optimization, and testing across the coating(s) spectrum with an emphasis on PSA products.
- Manage and develop the technical team, including establishing clear development plans and training tracks.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to identify key product opportunities, appropriately prioritize initiatives, and align messaging.
- Collaborate with relevant functions to ensure efficient product development and optimization.
- Provide technical leadership in support of cost-savings initiatives including, but not limited to, alternate material identification, insource/outsource decisions, and formulation enhancements for increased throughput and efficiencies.
- Provide timely reporting, including KPI performance.
- Proactively identify and implement best practices that accelerate growth within the function; enhancing NPD and Project Management processes and establishing improved IP protection practices.
- Support communication efforts with Customers and Suppliers that advance revenue generation and profitability opportunities.
- Establish and complies with the annual operating and capital budgets for the function and lab assets.
- Support Due Diligence and Integration efforts across other current and potential portfolio companies.
- Ensure that the entire team works in a safe and compliant manner.
- Results driven
- Demonstrated results in formulation development, product launch, and material qualifications
- Able to focus and prioritize individual and team activities
- Experience in assessing, developing, and growing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong reasoning and analytical ability
- Comfortable navigating changing priorities
- Ability to assess and develop best-in-class processes for efficient product development and launch, IP protection, and technically-based due diligence assessments
- Outstanding personal integrity and ethics
- Understands and easily connects products, technologies, and capabilities across a diverse portfolio of customers and markets
- Demonstrated ability to work across different systems and adapt to new processes
- Comfortable constructively leading through stressful situations and management of change
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of individuals internally and externally
- Solid understanding of general business concepts
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- BS in a Technical field; preferably Chemistry, Polymer Science, or Chemical Engineering
- MA in related field highly desired
- 10+ years of technical experience in PSA and other technical coatings for web-based processes
- 5+ years of technical team management experience
- Track record of developing and commercializing new products on time and within budget.
- Experience with the use of new product development methodologies including project management, phase-gate, ideation, Design of Experiments (DOE), and IP management, literature and patent research
- Experience in web handling highly preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with advanced experience in Excel and analytics programs (minitab, etc.)
Apply for Technical Manager/Director, Coatings
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly