Senior Manufacturing Chemist
Brewer Science, Inc., a major innovator of high-technology solutions for the semiconductor / microelectronics markets, is currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic candidate to fill an open position as a Senior Manufacturing Chemist. This position will be located in Rolla, MO.
This position recommends and implements the raw material feed streams and manufacturing methods for supplied raw materials as well as purified raw materials, intermediates and synthesized intermediates manufactured by suppliers and at BSI (Brewer Science, Inc.). This position also recommends manufacturing process controls at suppliers and at BSI to ensure product quality requirements are met for raw materials, and intermediates. This position has the responsibility to ensure adherence to all health, safety and environmental requirements by BSI while assuring continuous improvement in the introduction of new materials, processes, and technologies and reduction of supplied materials and manufacturing scrap and non-conformances.
Responsibilities include ensuring the development and evaluation of new processes and products that are designed and produced meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations. This position makes recommendations on the process to assure that products or services continue to meet customer requirements by using a data driven approach to continuous improvement with measurable outcomes.
- Work with Procurement, Supply Chain, Alpha, Beta, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Quality Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering personnel on new raw material and product and process design during the development and introduction of new products and technologies to ensure safety, quality and delivery expectations are met. Provide periodic reports on progress to plan as directed by supervisor.
- Act as project lead and work with Procurement, Supply Chain, Alpha, Beta, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Quality Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering personnel on raw and synthesized intermediate materials product transfer to external suppliers and/or internal manufacturing teams to ensure safety, quality and delivery expectations are met. Provide periodic reports on progress to plan as directed by supervisor.
- Serves as the technical lead for cross functional research and development of new and improved raw materials, their manufacture and their sourcing, exploring multiple projects and pathways concurrently to ensure commitment deadlines are met.
- Develop manufacturing process best known methods (BKM) and improve process BKMs for vertical integration projects and for supply chain with recommendations for error proofing
- Monitor and adjust chemical production processes or equipment supporting vertical integration projects and supply chain provided materials for quality and productivity
- Make recommendations to ensure raw material and intermediate product specifications are developed with consideration of meeting customer requirements/expectations of final product
- Support risk and failure analysis for the product development (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis/DFMEA) and the vertical integration and/or supply chain manufacturing process (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis/PFMEA) to ensure functional specification requirements are fully met during process validation.
- Serves as vertical integration project lead for assigned projects, with minimal supervision to drive project management tasks including planning, meeting project deadlines, and may manage others
- Research, identify and recommend improvements in current organic chemistry processes to improve yield and/or quality.
- Assist Senior Manufacturing Engineers in developing, building, or testing equipment prototypes or new products, processes, or procedures.
- Provide recommendations, review, and analyze analytical data for key organic material(s) characterization.
- Serves as technical adviser/mentor who provides problem solving and guidance to other team members
- Presents to customers and at industry forums as needed.
- Documents work and initiates the submission of new intellectual property, in accordance with External Review process and address corresponding concerns.
- Keeps up to date on current industry needs within the semiconductor business unit (SBU) and looks for new approaches to meet the needs by chemistry and process
- Provides help with experimental design and methods for in-depth data analysis.
- Acts as a mentor for laboratory practices.
- Helps set safety and housekeeping standards and monitors how they are practiced in daily activities.
- Keeps up to date on best laboratory notebook practices and helps to improve and implement the process.
- Support the development of robust supplier raw material control plans to increase first pass yield with zero defects at the customer. Support the development of robust internal purification control plans for vertical integrations projects that increase first pass yield with zero customer defects.
- Incorporate lessons learned from non-conformances and corrective actions into BKMs, PFMEAs and Control Plans to prevent repeat occurrences in support of supplied raw material and internal purification efforts.
- Work with Quality Engineering (QE) to recommend and implement effective SPC practices to monitor, stabilize and improve the supplier and internal purification processes.
Credentials and Education
- Master’s Degree plus 6 to 8 years’ working experience or
- PhD preferred plus 4 years’ working experience or
- Preferred 3+ years’ experience in organic chemical production Kilo lab to Pilot scale Manufacturing environment.
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Application Process: To apply for this position please complete the online application. This position is open until filled. Screening will begin immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity - M/F/Disability/Veteran
Apply for Senior Manufacturing Chemist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly