Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is located at an R&D Center and is accountable for scaling up and commercializing solvent borne polymers from internal pilot plant to full scale production locations. This includes traveling to observe polymer batches at production plants and leveraging knowledge to the operators and technical staff. In this position, the individual will lead multiple projects by utilizing and leveraging their knowledge of condensation and solution polymerization as well as plant equipment and processes. A smaller percentage of time will be devoted to emulsion polymerization.
- Optimize formulas, equipment and processes to produce consistent solvent borne polymers at production locations.
- Supports all aspects of manufacturing commercial polymers.
- Work as a team with other engineers and polymer chemists on projects.
- Able to work in lab and pilot plant to make polymer batches.
- Utilize mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills to work with pilot plant equipment.
- Implements recommendations and continuous improvement on projects.
- Communicates heavily with polymer plants and paint plants.
- Develops quality specs with polymer chemist/Scientist.
- Correlates test data between R&D and polymer plants.
- Uses root cause analysis to identify and resolves quality issues at production plants.
- Works directly with internal control labs on projects.
- Works closely with the Purchasing department and external raw material suppliers.
- Develops work plans and timelines for projects.
- Writes technical reports for processes and scale-up trips.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Must have 7 years’ experience in polymer operations, process engineering experience, or related field
- Must have knowledge of Free Radical polymerization and Condensation reactions including Solution polymers and Alkyds
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or Polymer Science is preferred
- 8 years’ experience in operations, engineering, process engineering, or related is preferred
- DFSS, ARC, KT and 6-Sigma certification is preferred
Who we are
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep - our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans