Instrument Software and Applications Developer
A recognized scientific instrumentation company is looking for an experienced Software and Applications Developer proficient in areas including advanced UI design, MS Windows Desktop apps, C#.Net, Winforms, and WPF. Experience with scientific or medical instrumentation is strongly preferred. Must be curious, eager to understand customer needs and able to work independently while collaborating closely within a multidisciplinary team. Must have proven ability to plan, architect, document your work, and to interact successfully with other stake holders. The ideal candidate will be based out Brookhaven’s office in Holtsville, NY or sister companies office in Milford, NH.
· Create reliable, user driven and user friendly software with necessary documentation;
· Develop, debug and test advanced software modules and systems individually, and as a part of technical support group;
· Research, offer and justify technical solutions for product performance improvement, new applications for our technology, cost of production optimization as well as addition of new software features;
· Create software for communication with advanced data acquisition and processing electronic devices;
· Pro-actively life-cycle management including project management around new software releases;
· Actively participate in the strategic planning of the product line technical improvements;
· Interface with company scientists, salespeople and customers on the market requirements;
· Be highly proactive, up-to-date in software development technology, and passionate about technology and coding;
“Can-Do-Will-Do” attitude in all the aspects of development, troubleshooting and customer support
· Work both individually and as a seamless part of the engineering team to develop and release new cutting edge scientific instruments
Experience, Skills and Education
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
· 10 years of software development experience in scientific or medical environment
· 3-5 Years leading/managing own projects
· Strong in depth knowledge and experience with C, C++, VC++, C#
· Strong experience in advanced UI development. Winforms, WPF, (some experience with MFC is a plus)
· Expert level proficiency with a modern version control system (Git/Subversion,etc)
· Experience interfacing computer and custom peripheral devices.
· Experience with data acquisition and signal processing system.
· In depth knowledge and experience in Database systems. SQL, MySQL, SQLite.
· Visual graphical data presentation - charts and reports. DevExpress or similar is a plus
· Experience in team development of software products
· Experience creating and managing software subject to a standard of documentation such as 21 CFR or IEC 62304 or ISO 17025 is a plus
· Experience in single photon detection or other opto-mechanical systems is a plus
Experience in bio-chemical industry is a plus
Apply for Instrument Software and Applications Developer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly