Manager R&D Oilfield & Industrial Solutions
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
Leads the Lake Charles Oilfield and Industrial Solutions team, in line with business strategies and objectives, to ensure profitable growth. Sets a positive example in business ethic, work ethic, and Sasol Values. Deploys technical strategies within the research group, leveraging expert technical and application knowledge to develop customer solutions in support of our commercial business partners. Empowers group members and provides the team with the resources, guidance, training, coaching, counseling, and support necessary to generate the desired results.
- Supervises Oilfield and Industrial Solutions team in its key functions. Sets a positive example in business ethnic, work ethic, work and Sasol Values.
- Provides input to regional and global technology strategies. Deploys technical strategies within the research group.
- Empowers group members. Provides group with the resources, guidance, training, coaching, counseling, and support necessary to generate the desired results.
- Translates business needs and strategies into focused technical programs, a capabilities roadmap, and a capital budget for the group.
- Assures that competency development plans for self and group members are followed.
- Continuously evaluates group and individual performance and capability, and upgrades group members’ skills and knowledge.
- Provides application support in focus areas of oil and gas recovery (including EOR), mining, construction and other industrial applications to generate sales tools or when working with customers.
- Sets goals, chooses priorities, gathers and organizes resources within the research group and other partner groups in R&D.
- Manages the development of analytical and application test methods to expand capability to provide industry -relevant data
- Coordinates R&D work for Sasol North America with counterparts in other global R&D departments.
- Maintains close working relationships with R&D Managers, Technology Managers, and Operations Managers. Keeps external networks with universities, labs, and consortia.
- Creates an organization and environment that fosters the development of time-based innovative solutions.
- Initiates, facilitates, and coordinates interaction with R&D personnel in Sasol Italy, Sasol Technology RSA, Sasol Germany, Sasol China, and Sasol North America with global technical teams in Oil and Gas, EOR, construction, and other relevant applications. Networks externally with technology suppliers and universities to obtain new technologies.
- Maintains broad knowledge of chemistry, manufacturing processes, Sasol markets, and R&D management practices. General knowledge of company business processes, manufacturing processes, and product markets
- Works with stakeholders to develop, prioritize and execute an IP strategy for focus application areas