Metalworking & Lubricants Scientist
Purpose of the job:Support the Lake Charles Metalworking and Industrial Lubrication research efforts, in line with global business strategies and objectives to ensure profitable growth. Develop, formulate, and test new products for use in metalworking and industrial lubricants. Strategically demonstrate the utility of existing and experimental Sasol products in MWL applications to achieve specialty chemical sales. Provide technical support at conferences and customer meetings as needed. Mentor and develop less experienced R&D team members.
- Provides technical expertise and support to research team; leads significant technical initiatives within R&D and the site
- Works with global cross functional team to develop and commercialize new products.
- Provides formulation and application expertise utilizing existing and new products for a variety of MWL applications.
- Understands technical requirements and recommends R&D objectives, defines what is needed in terms of equipment, etc. and sets appropriate priorities and project goals with supervisor and project teams to meet technical needs
- Responsible for method development, operation and maintenance of instrumentation in their area(s) of expertise, and communication of accurate and timely analytical results
- Develops and maintains an effective network with key stakeholders, such as technical peers within R&D, to efficiently meet technical goals
- Responsible for reporting US R&D activity into Global Sales and R&D teams.
- Critically evaluates, documents, and presents technical results
- Demonstrates competencies regarding key standard techniques commonly used in the laboratory
- Responsible for generating new ideas to identify unexplored applications and product offerings for developing intellectual property in the fields of metal working and lubricants
- Ability to travel as needed, COVID permitting
- Adheres to safety, health, and environmental procedures