Scientist - Gas Chromatography
- Job Type
- Full time
Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team.
Below are some details of the position requirements:
- Coordinates equipment, methods and tasks in the Gas Chromatography and GC/MS lab area. Provides technical support to various R&D teams, Operations, QC, Sales & Marketing, and external agencies to ensure business continuity.
- Responsible for method development, operation and maintenance of instrumentation in their areas of expertise.
- Demonstrates competencies of standard techniques commonly used in the laboratory.
- Provides technical expertise and support to research teams. Leads significant technical initiatives within R&D, local and global, the Lake Charles site.
- Understands technical requirements and recommends R&D objectives. Defines what is needed in terms of equipment, etc. and sets appropriate priorities and project goals to meet technical needs.
- Adheres to Sasol safety, health, and environmental procedures.
- Develops and maintains an effective network with key stakeholders and technical teams to efficiently meet goals.
- Critically evaluates, documents, and presents analytical results.
- May lead and provide technical training to chemists in the GC area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry (advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years of research experience and application in Gas Chromatography (GC-FID, GC-MS, GC- Head Space, refinery gas analysis).
- Experience in Mass Spectrometry (EI sources, CI sources, quadrupole, TOF, or interfacing MS with other separation techniques) is preferred.
- Experience in two dimensional GC or additional analytical techniques is preferred.
- Ability to define and solve problems and implement ideas and solutions
- Strong mathematical/laboratory skills
- Computer competency in required software (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Agilent based, LIMS)
Required Personal and Professional Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with team members, R&D, and internal/external customers.