Environmental Engineer-Data Analysis Focus* (Cordova, IL)
Environmental Engineer-Data Analysis Focus* (Cordova, IL)
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 96,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
For additional information, please visit our website: Cordova Plant
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As an Environmental Engineer-Data Analysis Focus, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by developing and implementing environmental programs/practices aimed to mitigate hazards and ensure compliance within the Cordova site, additionally:
- Analyzing environmental data, self-assessments, reports, trends and communicating findings and recommendations for correction of gaps to operational leadership
- Interpreting, implementing, coordinating, and maintaining the regulatory compliance rhythm to assure completion of reporting and recording for applicable Federal, State and Local Environmental Permits, regulations, and programs
- Developing a knowledge and understanding of external environmental activities and technologies and how they relate to the businesses of the division/staff organization
- Establishing and cultivating a network of intra-divisional support to facilitate completion of environmental assignments
- Communicating environmental projects and/or program status and results to operational leadership
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who (at a minimum) must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- One (1) year of combined experience with environmental compliance and/or environmental reporting in a private, public, government or military environment (an Internship or Co-op experience is considered qualifying)
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Experience using statistics and other analysis tools on raw data sets to identify trends and develop summary reports
- Experience interacting with Federal, State and/or Local regulatory agencies
- Proficiency with various corporate reporting/compliance and other software tools
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.