Our Business is Biorationals
At Valent BioSciences, our focus is on building the strongest portfolio of biorational solutions to improve agricultural productivity, protect public health, and keep our forests beautiful. It's all part of our commitment to creating value for our customers around the world — and doing so in a sustainable way. We invite you to explore our offerings and learn how Valent BioSciences can help you make a positive difference in your world.
Description of Job: Plan, develop and routinely execute various analytical methods and studies to support the identification and quantification of biorational active ingredients and impurities, and the research and development of new products and improvements to current products.
- Develop both precise/accurate and high throughput analytical methods for new active ingredients and impurities on instrument such as HPLC-UV, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS, including preparation of various samples from matrices such as fermentation broths, formulation samples, plant tissues and soil samples.
- Conduct analysis and report results for samples from multiple internal customers in a timely manner; conducting data analysis, preparing reports with conclusions and recommendations, and presenting results as needed.
- Troubleshoot assays and analytical methodology.
- Maintain laboratory documents including electronic lab notebook and SOPs.
- Maintain laboratory best practices in all aspects (equipment, supplies, glassware, safety procedures, etc.).
- Work independently and with interdisciplinary research teams.
- Track record of performing analytical assays on HPLC, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS instruments.
- Experience in analytical method development and validation, particularly on LC-MS and LC-MS/MS instruments, is desirable.
- Development and performance of residue analytical methods is a plus, as well as compound identification using MS and NMR techniques.
- Hands-on experience in sample preparation.
- Hands-on experience in maintenance and troubleshooting of HPLC and MS equipment.
- Work experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or agrochemical field preferred.
Education: M.S. in chemistry required, with 1-5 years of related experience.
Travel: Limited travel will be required. (<5%)