Senior Scientist - Bioorganic Chemist
Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and wellbeing of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, cardiology, women’s health, and virology.
Quidel is seeking a highly motivated and innovative scientist with a bio-organic, bioinorganic chemistry or biochemistry background and demonstrated extensive experience in bioorganic chemistry and related analytical methods, with a focus on macromolecule and surface interactions.
The successful candidate will be part of a multidiscipline team involved in efforts to develop surface chemistry, bioconjugation approaches and characterize modified surfaces and biomolecules. This position will work in the lab under minimum supervision applying wet lab organic/aqueous chemistry techniques. Previous experience working with chemicals reactive with water and /or oxygen a plus.
- Develop and execute studies including proof-of-concept, feasibility, specification, optimization, of immunoassay components and conjugation chemistries under minimum supervision.
- Apply advanced multi-disciplinary analytical techniques for the characterization of immunoassay components and conjugation chemistries in support of diagnostic assay development.
- Facilitate transfer from research to production scale as well as facilitate process transfer to manufacturing.
- Writing technical protocols, reports, and SOPs.
- Keep accurate and complete laboratory records and logs.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D degree in Bioorganic Chemistry, analytical chemistry or Biochemistry required.
- Four to eight years of post-graduate experience directly related in product development, and/or biotech industry.
- Deep knowledge and track record of experience in chemistry and analytical chemistry techniques, with focus on surface, or macromolecule interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical and innovative approaches to new product development.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing/troubleshooting protocols with a problem-solving mindset.
- Track record of working in a cross-functional team.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet project deadlines.
More searches like this
- Biochemical Research-Basic Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in San Diego
- Biological Research-Basic Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in San Diego
- Materials Research-Basic Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in San Diego
- Nanotechnology Research-Basic Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in San Diego
- Organic Research-Basic Full time $100,000 - $124,999 jobs in San Diego