Postdoctoral Researcher for KU Ctr for Environmentally Beneficial Catalysis
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full time
Applications for postdoctoral researchers will be reviewed by individual CEBC faculty mentors and placed in a pool for consideration for a one to two year research position. The research projects may involve one or more of the following topical areas:
- Reaction engineering, including detailed modeling and experimental characterization of novel reactor designs, multi-phase catalytic systems, electrocatalytic systems, and complex reaction kinetics;
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of homogeneous and/or heterogeneous catalysts for a wide variety of chemistries;
- Engineering tunable solvents (e.g., supercritical fluids, gas-expanded liquids, and ionic liquids) as reaction media or for energy-efficient separations;
- Molecular modeling of reaction mechanisms, condensed phases, or novel porous materials;
- Design and evaluation of chemical processes, including plant-scale simulations (Aspen/HYSYS), and environmental sustainability assessments (LCA);
- Advanced operando spectroscopic measurements and surface science;
- Analytical chemistry, especially as it relates to biomass-derived feedstocks and recycled polymers.
70% - Conduct research spanning from initial proof-of-concept through the optimized bench scale catalytic process, adequate for performing detailed environmental impact and economic evaluations.
20% - Actively engage in interdisciplinary collaborations, communicating frequently with research groups and researchers in private industry. Provide mentoring for graduate and undergraduate students, and other postdoctoral researchers as needed.
5% - Publish and report the results of CEBC research at professional meetings and assist CEBC and KU in securing intellectual property rights on inventions.
5% - Participate in professional development and educational outreach programs of CEBC; e.g., safety recruiting, procurement, diversity, and service activities, seminars, committees, etc.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or closely related discipline;
- Strong research history in a field or fields related to aforementioned research areas; Demonstrated effective written communication skills as evidenced through application materials; Demonstrated work history as a member of a research team as evidenced through application materials.
NOTE: To be appointed at the Postdoctoral Researcher title, it is necessary to have the PhD conferred at the time of hire. Appointments made without a diploma or certified transcript indicating an earned doctorate are conditional hires and are appointed on an interim basis not to exceed 6-months. Upon verification of degree the appointment will be extended to its full duration.
- Substantial experience working as a member of a research team, particularly in projects related to biomass conversions (chemo-catalytic), catalytic oxidations, hydroformylation, hydrogenolysis, ozonolysis, electrocatalytic reduction, and solid acid catalysis.
Additional Candidate Instructions
A complete application consists of the online application, cover letter, resume, & 3 professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Candidates will be evaluated on (i) the candidate’s research experience, as evidenced by a resume and cover letter, (ii) prior research publications and/or patent applications, (iii) references.
Application Review will begin on 06/15/2021 and will be ongoing until a pool of qualified applicants have been identified.
More searches like this
- Catalysts Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Lawrence
- Engineering Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Lawrence
- Environmental Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Lawrence
- Green Chemistry Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Lawrence
- Polymers Research-Basic Full time $50,000 - $59,999 jobs in Lawrence