Process Develoment Chemist
Although specific roles may vary, the overall goal of every scientist at Quanta BioDesign should be the production and/or process development of existing dPEG®s and implementing new dPEG® constructs. The Process Development Chemist position entails being an essential part of our process and scale-up activities, supplying key intermediates, optimizing existing processes and exploring a growing range of new processes for making our unique dPEG® products. Interacting with chemists both in your group, as well as outside of your group and will be a vital link in the development of the dPEG® technology. Excellent planning and problem solving skills are a critical aspect of this position. Chemist must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
Theoretical and practical knowledge of general chemistry, organic chemistry, and bio-conjugation principles.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, with 2-5 years of organic chemistry experience required, experience with large scale synthesis preferred.
Effective time management and prioritization skills; able to meet deadlines; able to be flexible with work schedule
Able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with others.
Eligibility to work in the United States
- Contribute to the synthesis or manufacture of key intermediates and final products in accordance with a production schedule.
- Manage time effectively and be able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and product specifications in an environment where work priorities can shift rapidly
- Set up chemical reactions safely and according to existing knowledge and protocols.
- Test intermediate products to confirm quality control specifications using HPLC, TLC and NMR where necessary.
- Prepare laboratory reagents and HPLC buffer solutions.
- Diligently label in-process and finished products.
- Maintain Quality Records of all the work that was performed so that the work may be reproduced, and products traced.
- Ensure the laboratory runs safely and efficiently and maintain a clean environment. This includes cleaning laboratory equipment and glassware.
- Monitor and report inventories of raw materials, lab supplies, and equipment; report to purchasing in a timely manner.
- Safely handle toxic, flammable, corrosive, reactive, and cryogenic materials, including laboratory gases.
- Work in a manner consistent with Good Laboratory Practices and adhering to QBD's Safety, Environmental, and Chemical Hygiene Plans.
Apply for Process Develoment Chemist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly