Research & Development Specialist
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through June 30, 2021 at 12:00a.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This is a Research Engineer-Scientist position in the Resid R&D team, Applied Technology unit under Downstream Technology & Services, Chevron Technical Center in Richmond, California. The successful candidate will tackle resid hydrotreating and hydrocracking related projects in catalyst and process development and upgrade resid into valuable products such as distillates, VGOs and fuel oils. Experimentation involves large complex research units, bench scale units together with lab scale catalyst synthesis efforts. The position offers opportunities to provide direct technical support for commercial applications of the catalyst both at Chevron and refineries around the world.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Safe and reliable operation by ensuring compliance with all Operational Excellence requirements;
- Use knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis and/or reaction engineering principles to develop new concepts, innovate catalysts and/or process configurations within resid hydroprocessing;
- Design and oversee research and bench-scale unit testing programs;
- Design and oversee lab scale catalyst synthesis work;
- Drive the progress of technical programs in resid hydroprocessing catalyst development and catalyst systems optimization, process development and augmentation and commercial operations troubleshooting;
- Deploy technology from lab and pilot scale to commercial operations in collaboration with Chevron Technology Marketing (TEMA);
- Provide in-depth technical consultation to Proposals and Technical Services teams within TEMA; may work directly with customer.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry or Material Science or related field;
- A minimum of 1 year of research experience in Catalyst and Process Development including hands-on experimental and laboratory experience;
- Ph.D. curriculum must include study of heterogeneous catalysis or chemical reaction engineering or an equivalent field;
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with solid problem-solving skills;
- Strong commitment to Operational Excellence in lab, office and refinery environment;
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments may be considered.
Please submit your application in the following link: