Principal Process Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: Reporting directly into the Head of Novel Modalities R&D, the Principal Process Scientist will work in the Novel Modalities R&D organization to develop innovative manufacturing technologies for RNA lipid nanoparticles / liposomes. You will drive innovation for R&D activities securing IP for internal MilliporeSigma technology and product platforms whenever suitable. You will be responsible for identifying optimized solutions while considering newest scientific data sources and interactions with the scientific community. You will also be responsible for staying updated on product and industry knowledge as well as “best-in-class” manufacturing technologies.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading the development efforts to deliver project milestones on-time and on-quality
- Drive implementation of digital tools and solutions in the development and manufacturing disciplines.
- Establish a team-based approach with other internal organizations, such as marketing, sales, PAD, QC and Manufacturing.
- Establish relationships in the industry that provide access to direct customer feedback and create opportunities for world-class responsiveness and innovative growth.
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate attention to detail in the planning, execution, and documentation of experimental work
Who You Are:
- BS with 8+ years’ experience, MS with 3+ years, or PhD. Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other related scientific discipline
- Experienced in preparing nanoparticles / liposomes in an R&D environment
- Hands on experience with encapsulating small molecules or biological molecules in particles
- Ph.D. with 5+ years or MS with 8+ years of working experience in the cGMP/GLP environment in a CMO or CRO
- Ph.D. with 5+ years working experience of liposome / LNP preparation, experience with Ethanol injection method such as microfluidics system is a strong plus
- Experience with large scale liposome / LNP preparation and TFF operation
- Experience with RNA therapeutic drugs
- Ability to train and coach employees
- Experience with technology transfer and scale-up to manufacturing process
Must be willing to relocate to St. Louis, MO
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
More searches like this
- Biochemical Research-Basic Full time $125,000 - $149,999 jobs in Saint Louis
- Biological Research-Basic Full time $125,000 - $149,999 jobs in Saint Louis
- Biotechnical Research-Basic Full time $125,000 - $149,999 jobs in Saint Louis
- Engineering Research-Basic Full time $125,000 - $149,999 jobs in Saint Louis
- Nanotechnology Research-Basic Full time $125,000 - $149,999 jobs in Saint Louis