TENURE TRACK CHEMISTRY POSITION AT EVANGEL UNIVERSITY
The Department of Natural and Applied Sciences at Evangel University, a Christian institution committed to the integration of faith and learning, invites applications for a tenure track Chemistry professor, to begin August 2022.
A graduate degree (Ph.D. preferred) in chemistry or related field is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a background in organic chemistry or biochemistry. The candidate must demonstrate a primary interest in teaching and mentoring undergraduate students; but an interest in supporting an active undergraduate research program is also desirable. The candidate must meet professional and personal qualifications, be a committed Christian, and must be committed to the mission of Christian higher education within the Assemblies of God.
- Teach lower and upper-level courses in chemistry, including organic chemistry and/or biochemistry. Serve as an academic advisor and personal mentor to students. Support and participate in the spiritual life of the University. Serve as a role model for students in their spiritual formation. Guide undergraduates in research. Participate in professional and/or scholarly development. Attend and participate in faculty meetings. Serve on faculty committees and University commissions. Represent the University favorably to the public and constituency as occasions permit. Abide by life-style standards of Evangel University including abstaining from alcohol, tobacco, and abusive drugs. Respect and publicly support Assemblies of God beliefs and practices.
COMPENSATION: Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
View employment criteria and apply online here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=f349d37e-0872-42cb-bcca-bc23d939ff50&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=376135&source=CC2&lang=en_US
Please email the following information to Dr. Michael Tenneson, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chair, Department of Natural and Applied Sciences, Evangel University, 1111 N. Glenstone Ave., Springfield, MO 65802. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please include the following information in your email:
- Cover Letter. CV which includes:
Written Responses (250-300 words each):
- Colleges or Universities attended.
- Degrees and dates (majors, concentrations, and minors).
- Employment history.
- Professional organizations/activity involvement.
- Professional publications.
- Academic or professional honors.
- Experience with online instruction.
- References: Please have references (pastor, employer (or supervisor), co-worker) send recommendation letters to the Department Chair, Dr. Tenneson.
- Describe your spiritual journey.
- Describe your approach to teaching.
- Explain your philosophy of Christian Higher Education.